I’ve been so caught up with things over the past couple of months, my Stroke Journey telling and some unforeseen circumstances, that I’ve fallen behind in accepting new Awards I’ve been nominated for. Some of them go back to August!! (Looking down at the floor in shame)… I am so very sorry. I was going to address the Awards in one post and cover them all in one shot. Some are duplicate Awards, but out of respect and gratitude to the person(s) that nominated me, I wanted to fulfill the Award requirements. I can’t accomplish that in one post, unless you want to read one gigantic post. . . I didn’t think so either.
What I am going to do instead, is work my way from the oldest to the newest and have them done no later than Tuesday. Expect two or three Award related posts within the next two days. 🙂
Going all the way back to August;
I must thank my adopted WordPress daughter Briana Vedsted over at http://whenibecameanauthor.wordpress.com for nominating me for the WordPress Family Award. This is a big one for me. Once again, she has made me feel so blessed and humbled. I didn’t forget you Briana!! 😀
The rules for accepting this Award are as follows:
1. Display the Award logo on your blog
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate ten others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your ten family members know you have awarded them. That’s it! Just make sure these people have taken you in as a friend/family member, and then spread that love!!!
I know some of my nominees already have this award. I don’t expect them to go through the procedure, but I nominated them anyway because they have helped me so much since I started blogging and getting more serious about my writing. I only ask that they accept it in the spirit in which it is given.
My nominees for this award are:
- Marilyn Parel, my BFF over at http://onbecomingawriter.com, who has been with me from my very first days. I don’t know what I’d do without her. Check out her blog when you get a chance. She’s a great Twitter resource, an up and coming screenwriter, great short story writer and is now into the Undead too!! Yup. That’s my family!
- Janet K West over at http://janetkwest.com, Can’t help reading her blog. I ask most of the very same questions! 🙂 Check her out sometime.
- Karen Soutar over at http://karensoutar.wordpress.com . My rock chick/sister/cheerleader is always there for me! Love her!
- Deanie over at http://deanieblog.wordpress.com . Amazing children’s author, into books, horses and is always checking up on me. 🙂 Definitely family right here.
- Rebecca Bradley over at http://rebeccabradleycrime.com who has a wonderful blog with author interviews, book reviews, writing tips and even a crime book club that I’ve recently joined! If I could only figure out time zones and Google + hangouts. Definitely doing November! Already bought the book! 🙂 Rebecca, you’ve got to help me figure this out!
- Catherine, whose blog Cat Lumb: The Struggle to be a Writer that Writes can be found at http://catlumb.com. It’s a wonderful blog with all sorts of writing tips and stories. She’s gonna help me get my Nano badge! 🙂
- Melissa Janda over at http://melissajanda.wordpress.com . She’s got an amazing site too with great reviews, resources, word of the day and she’s doing Nano this month also. 🙂 Definitely check out her site.
- Sandy over at http://sanderellascrochet.wordpress.com . Sandy is amazing and has offered to help me in so many ways. Check out her sites when you have a sec. The one I’ve listed is only one of several (a crochet pattern site). She’s a thoughtful and caring person.
- Jennifer over at http://jenniferzeiger.com who’s got a really cool site with reader participation story creations, great short stories and other info. She just released a book on Halloween ‘Midnight Abyss’, which was a collaborative effort between her and eight other great writers who met at Writers Carnival, a great writers group that I am proud to say I am a part of.
- My friend over at http://lifeconfusions.wordpress.com . She’s a wonderful young lady with a great new blog, and posts things I love, like ‘A song a day keeps the sadness away’ 🙂 Check her out sometime! Oh, and she’s studying physiology too. Hello!!
That’s going to be it for this Award post. Congratulations to my nominees! Until next post, love you guys!