I’m very proud and humbled yet again to announce that I’ve been nominated for another award. This time, the wonderful Melissa Janda over at http://melissajanda.wordpress.com nominated me! Thank you Melissa! If you haven’t visited her blog, Melissa Janda. . .The Buzz on Writing, you should hurry up and do so now. You are missing out on so much good info!!
She nominated me for the SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD.
The rules for this award are:
- Post the logo on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Choose 10-12 other ladies who blog as your nominees.
- Post the links to the nominees’ blogs and notify them on their blog.
My nominees for this award are:
- Marilyn Parel who has proven to be my closest friend and confidante here in the blogosphere. You can find her at http://onbecomingawriter.com
- Ionia Martin A true warrior and beloved part of my WordPress family at found at http://readfulthingsblog.com
- Briana Vedsted My adopted online “daughter” and another member of my WordPress family who is at http://whenibecameanauthor.wordpress.com
- Karen Soutar My blog and Twitter friend who can be found at http://karensoutar.wordpress.com/about
- Janet K West can be found at http://janetkwest.com. I never miss any of her posts. They always getting me thinking.
- Lauren Sapala can be found at http://www.laurensapala.com. I love her site and blog. So much useful info; love her!
- Julianne Victoria can be found at http://juliannevictoria.com/about. Her blog is titled Through the Peacock’s Eyes and is such a soothing and welcoming site to visit.
- J.C. Wolfe can be found at http://jaycwolfe.com/blog. I love her site, her blog, her advice and her tips. She is all around awesome.
- Damyanti can be found at http://damyantiwrites.wordpress.com. Her blog, called Daily (w)rite and I love to read it when I get the chance. Good stuff to be found here!
- Catherine Lumb can be found over at http://nowrittenwords.wordpress.com/about. Her blog is called The struggle to be a writer that writes. Great reading found here.
Congratulations to all my nominees!!
About a week ago, I had the honor of being nominated by the beautiful and talented J.C. Wolfe for my first Sunshine Blogger Award. If you haven’t visited her site yet, please do so at http://jaycwolfe.com. You won’t regret it! For someone as new to the blogging world as I am, this gives me a tremendous feeling of accomplishment. I have only had my blog for about five or six months and in that time, have become part of a family I could never have imagined.
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows:
- Use the Award logo in your post.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share ten pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate ten fellow bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I can’t do all ten this time around, so I will be doing six. (This will go for my nominees as well. Do what you can handle).
- Leave a comment on the nominees blogs to tell them about the award.
TEN PIECES OF INFORMATION ABOUT ME
- When I was little, my favorite episode of Star Trek was ‘The Trouble with Tribbles’.
- I am trying my hand at poetry.
- While on vacation in Florida four years ago, I was a poolside audience member during a taping of ‘The Maury Show”. It was one of those whatever happened to, baby mama drama nostalgia episodes. Why was he surrounded by bikini clad hotties for that show? I’ll never know.
- I still have my first EMT card that Christopher Meloni from ‘Law and Order: SVU” autographed for me after taping an episode at one of the hospitals I used to regularly transport patients to. “Thanks for the CPR. Christopher Meloni” *sigh*
- I already have a basic illustration for one of my WIP covers. Very motivating.
- I am slowly starting to work on a Facebook page.
- I love tropical drinks.
- I never get tired of learning new things.
- I finally got my Scrivener to help me with my novel. My organizational skills are still on hiatus it seems.
- I am grateful for everyday I am given, trying to do my thing.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
- My favorite adopted daughter Briana Vedsted over at http://whenibecameanauthor.wordpress.com
- My sarcastically funny Mentor Ionia over at http://readfulthingsblog.com
- My dear friend down under Subtlekate over at http://macabrebutsweet.wordpress.com
- The Amazing Lauren Sapala over at http://writecity.wordpress.com
- My new IWSG friend Kirsty over at http://diaryofairnbrujunkie.wordpress.com for helping inspire me.
- My rock chick buddy Karen Soutar over at http://karensoutar.wordpress.com who always looks out for me; here and on Twitter.
So, now I’m off to let my nominees know about their Awards… Until next time…
- Sunshine Awards (aurorasdreams.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Blogger Award (diaryofanirnbrujunkie.wordpress.com)