My amazing WordPress “daughter” Briana Vedsted at http://whenibecameanauthor.wordpress.com nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! I am beside myself. This is the first time my baby blog’s been nominated for anything and I’m oh so excited!
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
- List eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven other bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Notify these bloggers
- Ask eleven questions that the bloggers must answer upon accepting the Liebster Award
- Answer the eleven questions that you were asked when you were nominated
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- Even though I’m from the Bronx and love the Yankees, when it comes to football, I’m all about the Baltimore Ravens.
- I have a 25-year-old married daughter named Amanda.
- I have a 5-year-old Lhasa Apso named Sophie who is my little rock.
- I can’t stand tomatoes.
- I’m afraid of heights.
- I used to make hand poured candles from scratch; not the store-bought microwave me kits.
- I love karaoke, but can’t sing to save your life.
- I began writing stories when I was about 7 or 8.
- I spent 20 years in corporate America as an Administrative Assistant and over a decade as an EMT until I got sick.
- I love Johnny Depp and Eeyore.
- My favorite foods are Spanish, Mexican and Italian.
- What is my favorite part about winter? Christmas with close friends and family and untouched snow. I know that’s two, but I couldn’t decide.
- Where do you see yourself living in five years? I’d like to say a tropical island somewhere, but most likely it will be back in New Jersey. 😦
- How many books are in the room you’re in now? Four. If you count my Kindle, it’s closer to two hundred and fifty-four. 🙂
- Look in your wallet/purse, is there more money or receipts in there? Receipts, unfortunately. 😦
- What was your first paying job? McDonald’s
- Favorite vegetable? Spinach and cucumbers (Again, I couldn’t decide.)
- How long have you had your blog? Almost five glorious months. 🙂
- What is the best dream you ever had? About three years ago, I had a dream that I went out shopping with my Mom. She passed nearly twelve years ago.
- What did you have for dinner last night? Sliced breaded chicken breast over spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Are you happy right now? I am freaking ecstatic because my adopted WordPress ‘daughter’ nominated me for a Liebster Award! Hellooo! ****Happy Dance****
- If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would you change? If I could change anything, I would get rid of the slight limp I have secondary to my hemorrhage. Some days it looks worse than others. But hey, I’m not complaining. I’m just sayin’…cuz you asked.
- Author’s Thought http://soborowsky.wordpress.com
- Marilyn Parel http://onbecomingawriter.com
- Devin Berglund http://devinberglund.wordpress.com
- Seumas Gallacher http://seumasgallacher.com
- Mentor Ionia http://readfulthingsblog.com
- Fizzle’s Girl Melissa http://melissajanda.wordpress.com
- Anand http://lekhraaj.wordpress.com
- Kendell F. Person http://thepublicblogger.com/about/
- Charlotte Hoather http://charlottehoatherblog.com/about/
- Chris Martin http://chrismartinwrites.com
- Viola Lilac Indue http://violalilacindue.wordpress.com
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Who was the most influential person in your life?
- If you had $1,000 to give to a charity, which one would you choose?
- If you could spend one day with anyone, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What do you do for relaxation?
- What are two of your favorite hobbies?
- Do you normally plan things in advance or do you usually run on impulse?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
- Who is your favorite author, musician or actor? (Your choice)
I’m looking forward to hearing all the answers from my nominees, so I can officially accept my first award! ***Shivers running up and down my spine***
- Liebster Award (lovetoread8.wordpress.com)
- My First Award – Liebster Award (pbsministries.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (ppazucha.wordpress.com)